History of rainworth
About the lodge
Rainworth Lodge is a beautiful place to stay with a lake and delightful gardens and is set back in the Village of Rainworth which is very peaceful and private. The Rainworth house was built in the 1100’s and was first used as a monastery which was later used as one of king Johns hunting lodges. Joseph Whitaker lived here until 1932, he was a well-known naturalist and the local secondary School was named after him.
Why not book one of our lovely rooms and come see the history of our lodge.